St Gregory's has seen generations of Marnhull families start their life together here
A special and unique place to get married
Marrying in church is personal, meaningful, spiritual and beautiful.
Today more than a quarter of all marriages in England between a man and a woman take place in the traditional setting of a Church of England church.
Congratulations on your engagement! We are glad that you are looking at our church for your wedding.
• A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. The ceremony includes God and looks to him for help and guidance. Seeking God’s blessing on their relationship is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
• A church wedding means you make amazing vows, or promises, in public and before God and your church are there for you to help you keep your vows.
• The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They will help you think about the music, readings and other aspects of the wedding and have plenty of experience to blend ancient tradition and modern life to reflect your personal story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made much more personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
• Our historic listed Church building offers a very special atmosphere and beauty as well as centuries of history. Imagine all the couples who have married in our local church, some of whom may well be your family. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself, the bigger plan, by marrying in the same place as your relatives. We know these sorts of connections can make your day even more special.
• You will be involved in marriage preparation and discussion about what marriage means to you as well as making choices about your ceremony. You can even use the online ceremony planner to get you started.
• And after your wedding, you’ll realise that a church is more than simply a wedding venue because we will have prayed for you and will always offer you a warm welcome.
Please speak to Revd Gaenor if you would like to discuss the possibility of getting married at St Gregorys.
Do have a look at the national church website https://yourchurchwedding.org
Please make sure that the Churchwarden is aware of any special requests such as the use of the audio system or specific recorded music that you would like to be played.
The church has a modern audio system with choir, lectern & wireless head microphones, feeding a deaf-aid loop.